Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Revalation on the 405

As I was driving to work this morning still half asleep, my mind began to wonder.

I saw a bundle of balloons on the side of the freeway tangled up on a gate and all I could think about is how when you are younger and you let go of the balloons, or in my case loose them, but you think about them flying to outer space, or to China, Australia, shit even New York, but I just had an adult moment and realized that right off that freeway ramp exit is Wild Rivers Water Theme Park. And the balloons were Blue and Yellow which is a majority color for the theme park, and all I could think is how sad, it didn't even make it out of the city. Its sad when you have those childhood fantasies slowly fade and reality hits you. I should of had a hippy moment and pulled over and set the balloons free. But, I was really hungry and it was cold outside and I didn't have a jacket............

Another thing I pondered (my freeway 2 hours a day is my revalation time) and there are 2 types of people out there (well adleast when Im out there) and its the 8:15am and the 8:50pm people. Well theis doesn't apply to everyone but just us lucky top of the morning people. For some weird odd unexplainable reason I woke up and early and left ON TIME. So as I am driving I noticed just the whole ora of driving was so much more smoother and less stressful, but usually for me its cursing out the asshole in front of me who is going 20 mph with no one in clear view in front of them. And now it makes sense. The 8:15 ers dont have to rush, they make it to work on time, so far so good, so they end up having a great day because everything is going smoothly. Now, the 8:50 ers woke up hella late, started there day out by cussing out there alarm clock, running around the house trying to get ready, and Im sure in the process running into shit and just going completely all out crazy, and they don't have time for breakfest, there switching lane to lane realizing that it doesn't even fucking matter what lane they are in they all are slow and lame, then they hit every red light once you get off the freeway, its almost a joke. It is like Big Brother has their camera pointed directly at you and laughing there asses off knowing that you are so gonna get and trouble and they think it is the funniest thing in the world. But anyways, they are just doomed to have a shitty day. And that usually what happens. But, I am a special case. Oh yes, I have my own catergory of a I dont give a shit what time it is because no one else in my damn office shows up untill 10 anyways.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Johnny the Horse said...

You could start a movement. "People for balloon freedom", or "The national society for the ethical treatment of balloons"

Nah. That would just be silly.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous franchini said...

I am an 8.50 type but with aspirations to join the 8.15ers. I live in hope. One day.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Jay said...

That balloon revelation was seriously profound. I won't be able to sleep tonight because of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home