Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Never Too Late

So I’m guessing everyone has ad least been in love once. I was and still like to convince myself that I am not, but the point is that we have all experienced it but if you find true love, doesn’t that mean there should be no more looking or searching? If it was the real thing then why are so many of us still out there? People might say because it wasn’t the right one, who would determine that and why would they know? My main concern is that I found that love once a while ago and now it has perished and gone on, but is that going to be my one and only chance at love? I know I can do better then that, I know I deserve another chance, that can’t be it! And this whole soul mate business, and by the way could they of come up with a cheesier way to put it? But, besides that, what is the definition of a soul mate? Is it someone that will be by your side your whole life loving and accepting you for just being you? If that is the case, then why must they make it seem that soul mates is a love interest and someone you can marry or be romantic with? I like to think of the close few in my life as soul mates, my friends and my family, the true ones who will stick by you and already have accepted you for you. Hear me out, you can be in a relationship with someone who you have yourself convinced is you soul mate and one day realize that it’s not what you thought you wanted. It happens, unfortunately to almost everyone, and it is not a bad thing at all. It is just sad that you thought it was there and so quick it won’t be. It happens to everyone so don’t start thinking it's you or there is something you did, IT HAPPENS! It can be peachy fucking keen one day then not. That’s life, but must we always tease ourselves with the whole “love” concept? I know I am a total hypercritic because being in love was the best feeling in the world and my problem is that I know all this and can give people this advice but I cannot personally accept it. I like to think I’m different when I know I’m not. I am just a normal girl who wants to find someone who will except all the weirdness built up inside me and to love my awkwardness that I can’t seem to escape. But, I don’t want to let that be a mission that takes over my life, I feel like I know I am only 22 years old but I feel like I lost it. It went away, but I have to know that I will feel that again, and I can’t be that unbearable that no one else out there can love my imperfections. Its self help is what it really is, not a cry for help. I write feelings that I don’t really like sharing certain things, not that I am ashamed but it’s hard to find someone who feels exactly the same way as you. Maybe that’s what a soul mate is? But, how boring would that be!

7 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love, soul mates, best friend, lover, desired, all of these seem to be so easy but all have such fine lines -you can find a person who fills most or even all of your desires and then things happen, people change, feelings and wants change and then it seems to be a endless journey to find the one to bring back all of those feelings that you once felt - i question daily can i feel all those again after realizing that it could be only temporary that the love of my life can be the one that made me damaged goods. i believe its all about finding someone for that time that moment those needs and seeing if it can grow to be your everything...i am thankful as you should, atleast we know what a great love is and that it is possbile to find and even harder the second time around but not impossible. love is a endless search that needs very paticular chemistry - like the perfection of a receipe but you have to make sure you have all the right stuff (for some it happens first try others many times) then some make it right and then it goes bad and they just have to wait until the right stuff comes there way again...to love is something, to be loved is more to love and be loved is everything!

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Toryssa said...

I don't know that I believe in soulmates, just that some people are more compatible than others. I hate the very idea that there is only ONE person for you. I would be so completely hung up on finding that one, and all the criteria that had to be met, because after all, if there is only ONE, then if must be absolutely brain smashingly perfect. Right? I am not on that boat.
There is some crazy concepts of love and sex and 'right' out there, from books and movies. Meant for the fact that it's not real.
Go with what feels right for you. Of course there is more than one chance. Because there is more than one person that you can share that with. Maybe it won't be forever, nothing is a guarentee, afterall. But you can't miss something great because of fear.
When your heart is broken, it's better to have loved and lost that to never have loved at all - sounds like utter tripe, but really... it is better, isn't it?

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Johnny the Horse said...

I do believe in soulmates, but I think that mine was reincarnated as a rock or a tree or something this time round.Have you ever tried to have a relationship with an inanimate object? No? Then you haven't met my ex wife.

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Paul said...

Love is like the tides of the sea . It ebbs and flows, but it is always there. As for soul mates, I have had more than one . Nothing says that you can't have more than one after all. My advice is to look at love realistically and with your eyes wide open. Love today can become hate tomorrow. I have seen it happen, but I still believe in love.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger yayaempress said...

You'd be surprised at how life can surprise you. Even though someone is in love, you'll find that as life goes on, you'll bond with certain people and not necessarily in a sexual way. You'll have different needs at different times in your life and you'll find people that will fill those voids. Life for me so far has been very interesting...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger bopperholly said...

Everyday is interesting to me. Thanks all for the input, its interesting to hear others opinions. I dont like the term soul mate, but the romance in me wants to belive. And I like your comment Toryssa, its a great thing to remeber to rather have loved and lost then to have never loved at all. I truley belive in that!

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there bopperholly, WoW! I love your posts, I was looking for information on handmade purse handbag bag, but found your blog instead. I have been reading and really have liked it alot, keep up the great work. Although Never Too Late wasn't exactly what I was looking for I know now why I found your site researching handmade purse handbag bag information. Have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home