Monday, February 14, 2005

Get Your Grammy On

Happy V-Day Everyone!

But, enough of that. I have to give my props to the Grammy people who plan all the performance and so on. That was one bad ass show! They couldn't of opened the show any better then having Black Eyed Peas, Franz Fernandad, Gwen, and Maroon 5 rock the hell outta that stage! I was espically excited to see my new favorite band Franz rock out. Then I also have to say this is the first year I think they actually had various people win, because normally you have a Norah Jones or a Alicia Keys wipe out the whole show. But, hells ya for Green Day long overdue, Kayne who deserved to adleast win 1 award, Maroon 5 and Adam for being one hella fine man! =) Oh yea! And ya ya Usher. There were only 2 things that pissed me off (and thats pretty good) was the whole Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony duet? Was it just me or did it just resemble way to close to a really REALLY bad mexican soap opera? And GRRRRRR..........U2. Anyone except U2 I would have been happy winning the caterory for I believe best rock album?! The Killers are fucking amazing, Franz are just as if not more amazing (both are my new pleasures) was Modest Mouse in this one? Or maybe the alternative group, I dunno, and Green Day! COME ON! U2 has the most annoying song of the year. YEAYEAYEAYEAYEA....come on! No good comes out of a song that repeats YEA about 20 fucking times! I'm sorry but, reagardless of record sales, anyone of those other bands deserved that award, BUT I will give Bono a high five (oh! Miss...haha) for acknowledging the other bands for being the new age of amazing bands that I thank God for! Could you admagine if Backstreet Boys and O-Town were still ruling the air waves? *Need happy thoughts....QUICK*

3 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger weenie said...

Agree, Franz Ferdinand kick ass, although their live performance on the recent Brits Awards show was not one of their best! Green Day? Listening to their album every day at the moment! Great blog!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger yayaempress said...

I totally can't stand U2 and I no longer care who knows it! I didn't get to see all of the Grammy's but what I saw was awesome!

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Rowdy Theologian said...

How in the hell did Los Lonely Boys win a damn Grammy? Of all the great bands in Austin, how did these guys break out? Boggles my mind...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home